Monday, November 1, 2010

It was a sad Halloween for us this year. I wish I had a cute picture of the boys in their costumes, but instead, you get this one.
Since the holiday fell on Sunday, we did not feel right about going Trick-or-Treating. Our only solace was the Ward Harvest party. I had to go early to help decorate and set up and while I was doing that, the older boys were running around. Poor Braxton ended up running into the door. We made a trip to the Urgent Care that night and Braxton received seven stiches. He was the bravest boy ever, really more upset that he was missing the Halloween fun. The boys found it hard to listen to the doorbell ring and see everyone outside and not participate on Halloween. We tried to make it up to them and did our own Trick-or-Treating in the basement as well as playing ghost games. We still got to carve pumpkins and make caramel apples and eat candy. Here are some pics of that.
Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Malena Aragon Everill said...

Oh no!!! I'm so proud to hear that Braxton was brave with this stitches and even more proud that they stayed home on Halloween because it was Sunday! I forget that trick or treating happened on Saturday night here, but only because we're in Utah and it's all about location location location. So glad to hear they had a good (almost safe) time:)

Christine said...

So sad, I didn't realize that moving Halloween to Saturday night was a UT thing. Give the kids a kiss and I hope your belly growing is going well.

Sandra and Brent said...

Oh, Braxton, I'm so sorry about your poor afflicted head! Kind of gives you a "frankenstein" look, in keeping with the Halloween spirit though! The caramel apples and pumpkin carving look like they were lots of fun. Better luck next year! Love from Great Auntie Sandra